£1,100 - £4,500
The Bourbon Street Dance Band is a large ensemble of experienced professional musicians and friends who specialise in performing and recreating the music and style of the golden era of jazz, blues and swing in its many forms 1920-50s. The musicians who form the many classic and bespoke line ups are highly regarded as some of the best in the UK, and have entertained to great acclaim at the most prestigious international festivals, vintage events, swing dances, private and corporate functions for many years.
From laid back jazz piano to New Orleans jazz and a traditional 14 piece 1930s dance orchestra, this ensemble does vintage jazz and swing like no one else!
Palace Avenue Swing offers a wide range of jazz and swing styles, with top flight bands assembled for each era. All of the bands contain a core membership of musicians who write and arrange the music in every style, and all can be fully bespoke in terms of size, instrumentation and attire for private events.
- Dance Orchestra —Highly authentic 14-piece 1930s dance band (9 horns + violin) performing special arrangements of British and American music from this golden era of jazz and swing. recorded and released during the 1930s.
- Dance Band —1930-50s small group swing taking inspiration from Billie Holiday, Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Ella, George Shearing, Aretha Franklin, Charlie Christian and many more.
- Cocktail Quintet —Sophisticated and swinging Nat King Cole-inspired cocktail piano quintet
- Flames of Rhythm —Highly regarded as one of the leading swing bands in Europe, The Flames of Rhythm features the legendary and internationally renowned showman Natty Congeroo, and mixes red hot swing, jazz and rhythm & Blues for a high energy live show!
- Dixieland Band —1920s New Orleans, Prohibition, Charleston, Great Gatsby, acoustic early jazz.